Yvonne joined "Burnaby Chorus" [now Westcoast Harmony] Sweet Adelines in 1986. Affectionately nick-named "Y-von" it slowly evolved to "Y" and always starts a conversation. Y's involvement in chorus and regional life has always centered around marketing and organization. She willingly participated in many years of Chorus Team work (Operations, History, PR & Marketing, Costuming and Committees). For 4 years you will have seen Y as your Internationally appointed Competition Coordinator and prior to that on the Steering Committee in several other positions. Y is very happy to now serve as Marketing Coordinator for the Region and welcomes the opportunity to work with all of you in creating the excitement!
- Develops and provides marketing and public relations programs that promote chapter and regional events, and membership growth and retention.
- Plans and implements marketing and public relations programs to increase membership growth and retention.
- Designs and implements plans to market events and products.
- Works in coordination with the Membership Coordinator on membership growth and retention plans.
- Works in coordination with the Events and Education Coordinators on marketing events.
- Works in coordination with the Communications Coordinator on Web site and database design, implementation, and maintenance.
- Maintains database of media contacts.
- Writes and distributes press releases and produces media kits.
- Invites media to regional events and serves as onsite media contact.
- Initiates media opportunities including on-air interviews and feature stories.
- Maintains database of advertising contacts.
- Designs, negotiates, and buys advertising in local media.
- Sell advertisements in regional publications.
- Maintains contact with appropriate staff members at international headquarters.
- Maintains comprehensive records and forwards materials to successors
- Trains her successor.
- Appoints staff to assist in the implementation of her responsibilities.